The State, Public Safety and Homeland Security Secretariat, and the Virginia Unmanned Systems Center at CIT are announcing four regional public safety workshops to provide public safety agencies an opportunity to learn a number of topics and observe a number of UAS demonstrations.
- Proper ways to establish a program
- Safety and privacy concerns
- Types of equipment
- Field demonstrations of potential uses including SAR, accident scene documentation, hazmat/fire reconnaissance, etc.
First Public Workshop:
Wed, June 12, 2019
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
Add to Calendar
Virginia Public Safety Training Center
7093 Broad Neck Road
Hanover, VA 23069
2019 Workshop Schedule:
- June 12th - Hanover Public Training Facility
- August - Stafford, Virginia, location tbd
- September 18th - Roanoke, Virginia Western Community College
- October - York, Virginia, location tbd
This series of UAS public safety focused workshops which will provide general background on the rules and regulations surrounding UAS use, discuss various FAA authorizations to establish a program (Part 107 license, certificates of authorization, etc), provide example policies and procedures from Virginia localities, demonstrate select case studies via discussion and afternoon flight demonstrations (search and rescue, accident reconstruction, etc).