Virginia offers sales and use tax exemptions for eligible equipment used directly in manufacturing and research and development operations. Prior to exemptions, the Commonwealth’s combined state and local sales and use tax is 5.3% (4.3% state tax and 1% local tax). An additional regional sales tax is imposed in the Hampton Roads and Northern Virginia regions at a rate of 0.7%, for a total 6.0% rate. An additional 1% is imposed in City of Williamsburg and the Counties of James City and York, for a total 7% rate.

Call Jeff Reed at 434.738.2544 or 434.265.2382 with questions pertaining to incentives.

Cookie Policy

This website uses cookies that are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the privacy policy. By accepting this OR scrolling this page OR continuing to browse, you agree to our privacy policy.